Monday, December 11, 2017

Run over 3 kilometers in Cooper test

When I was 15, I did 3200 meters in Cooper test... my physical condition was almost as good as it could be. (Yeah, almost... I was a bit rusty... I was better younger.)
That's a professional athlete level fitness, there...
(For Americans, that 2 miles in 12 minutes. To get perfect score in Army PFT Two Mile Run, you need to run 2 miles in less than 13 minutes.)

So - let's start with making me able to run a mile :-D (Yeah, that's how bad my condition is now)
I think C25K will take care of that.

Then let's work to get me to 6 minute mile.
The 6-Week Routine to Run a 6 Minute Mile
How to Train to Run a Mile in Under 6 Minutes
Tactical Fitness: Pushing a 7 Minute Mile to a 6 Minute Mile

Then just add the distance from 1 mile to 2 miles and get that to 12 minutes. Easy :-D 

Then I can start thinking about 3 miles under 20 minutes... :-D
Break 20 Minutes 5K Plan

No comments:

Post a Comment