Tuesday, February 25, 2014

I need to teach my inner children



I have been taught to wait. Wait for next year, some day in the future, "when something happens, then..." Today has become some sort of a waiting room for life, that begins tomorrow.

That my needs and wants are not important. Everyone else's are more important. My needs and wants can be taken care of when everyone else is satisfied... but with 7 billion "everyone else" on this planet... even with a family of 8 - the time when everyone else is satisfied never comes.

That one doesn't need to keep one's promises. It's easy as hell to promise and agree and swear to keep a commitment, but to actually keep it... No. Won't happen. Ever.

That is one thing I need to relearn.

There is no tomorrow. There is only today. I only have "NOW" and it's ALWAYS "NOW"! I need to stop waiting and start doing.

My needs and wants are important. The most important thing in my life. More important than the needs and wants of my husband, my sisters' and brothers', my parents', everyone else in my life.
Because I don't have children. I would need to teach my children that their needs and wants are important, as important to me as my own.
Now I need to teach my inner children that.

Even if everyone else failed me, I must never fail me.
I may not make a promise to myself and then break it.
I may not commit to do something and then not do it.

By taking care of me, I will take care of others, because if I learn there is only today, I won't leave to tomorrow all the small things that I could so easily to today.
If I learn to respect and honor my needs and hopes and dreams, I will do that to others' as well.
If I learn to keep my promises to me, I will keep my promises to others as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment