Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Anything you can do, I can do, too!

 So... the tools and equipment needed to make a sandwich, could I do that?

For bread... hmm...

- farming equipment... what is the minimum for growing wheat? 

I'd need a hoe. 10 square foot farm area is possible to prepare with just a hoe. I think I'd like a rake, too.
It's possible to make both of wood, but I would prefer a metal one.
So, for that, I'd need some metal and wood... and I could collect iron ore and create a kiln of some sort... 


I can make the dough on the table (or any flat surface), but I'd prefer a bowl. So ceramics. Collecting and cleaning clay, and then some sort of kiln for that :-D I suppose it needs to be different from the iron kiln. 

Then I would need an oven. Again, it's possible to build an oven of clay. 

I would need some sort of pail or bowl to collect the milk in, and to make the sourdough/yeast. 

I think I'd like a tin bucket for the milk, and glass jar for the sourdough. I don't have the slightest idea if glass jars are even possible... But, why not. I have always wanted to learn to blow glass :-D
Until then, a ceramic jar is adequate.

The same with vinegar.

I would need some sort of cooking pot or kettle to boil sugar and salt, and some sort of strainer... I wonder if cloth would do, or do I need to draw metal thread and weave a net?

I would need a mortar and pestle. Ceramic one should do. Or maybe I need to make it of stone :-D
(I know how to polish stones for jewelry, I suppose mortar requires a little different techniques.)

Frankly, THIS impresses me more than growing and processing wheat :-D





No comments:

Post a Comment