Thursday, October 14, 2021

Any yarn you can spin, I can spin thinner...

I have been boasting for some decades now that I can get the wool from a sheep's back on a man's back. That is, I can shear sheep, spin the wool, dye it, weave it, knit, crochet, and dozens other ways of making things from fibers, I can felt wool, and I can sew. And I know how to handle linen and nettles as well. To me making a suit is not a challenge. It's what I am trained to do. I could have been one of his teachers :-D

But making my own tools?

I could be making my own spinning wheel and loom, and other tools like that... what about needles? 

Also, I haven't worked with cotton. I wonder how different that would be, and if it was any idea of me to do that, because I live in Sweden. 

I don't want to work with silk, though. 


Then there are the accessories. He made a belt of deer skin he was part of hunting, and that he tanned himself. So, I'll need to add hunting, butchering, tanning, and leather work to my list.

Basically, how to use every bit of an animal. I mean, the step isn't that big.

Also shoes, socks, hosery, belts and bags, gloves, scarfs, and hats. And jewelry. :-D


No comments:

Post a Comment