Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Day 3 of Autumn

 The maple outside our window is starting to blush. It's just a hint, just a whisper, but it's there. The sky is high and clear, and it's slightly windy. Yes, this is Autumn. I love Autumn.

Today I'm going to talk a little bit more about journaling. 

On my Bucket List, there's "sharpen your observational skills by drawing". During the Victorian times, upper-class children were taught to draw and illustrate their journals because photography wasn't as normal as it is today :-D We have "the Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady"


You can also practice some other skills with this:

- watercolor painting

- to observe and deduct like Sherlock Holmes

- drawing from memory (It's mostly a practice thing, but I have always wanted to be able to draw from memory, for example people's portraits - to draw accurate portraits of people I just saw once in the bus, or things like that. So that if I witness a crime, I could give the police a drawing that's as good as a photograph... But that would be useful with drawing animals as well. Wild animals don't tend to pose for a portrait :-D)

August 3rd is the International Beer Day and the Watermelon Day. There's plenty of beer related bucketlist goals, to me, brewing beer is the most interesting. On my bucketlist, and Autumn bucketlist is "learn to brew mead, ale, cider, wine". It takes about 4-8 weeks to brew beer from scratch, so if you start now, you can feast with your own homemade beer on October fest. (Also, August 6th is the Mead Day. Two flies with one swat, huh? :-D)

About watermelons. Learn to pick the best watermelon, and learn to conserve watermelon rind. There's plenty to do with that, both sweet and savory conserves. 


No comments:

Post a Comment