Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Hell Week

Erik Bertrand Larssen has written a book called Hell Week, where he applies his experiences.
The idea, to put it shortly, is to get up earlier, go to bed earlier, and give your all every waking minute. So, I'm giving it a try.

One of the things on my "bucket list" is to complete a goal every day for a year, like ZombieGirl did.
I am using the Hell Week to get it going.

The difficult part with this is to remember a couple of things:
* It's COMPLETE a goal, which means that I can do it in steps spread over several days, like if I do something every day of the month, or have a movie marathon, or chew through a list of books or something like that.
* Any goal will do. It doesn't need to be something spectacular and amazing, it's enough to do something small, like learn a card trick or cook something.
* Done is better than perfect. This means, that if I bake something, it doesn't need to be well baked. It doesn't need to look good. I don't need to succeed, just follow the recipe and try.

So... ZombieGirl has done it. It's just to do what she did, and get it done. :-D

First 10 days:

I am not going to volunteer in any dash, or go to Oregon, but I would like to have "tjejmilen" on my achieved goals... It's some 7 months until that event, so nicely time to train.
So C25K it is. I need to put the training plan on the calendar so that I can mark it done this year.
I suppose I need to start it by walking 5K every day, and then just working on getting the speed up.

Making fudge sounds like a good idea, but on my list I have "bake through the Daring Bakers' challenges", so I think I should take recipes from that list.

Now, I have several movies on my to watch list, and it takes only a couple of hours to watch a movie, so that I can do when I don't come up with something else to do.

Another thing to do is to do something I fear every day. - or at least once a week.

One thing I would like to add to my list is to learn to enjoy fish. But, there are more "important" things there. I want to get back to reading books, for example, so I need to start reading at least an hour every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment