Sunday, March 18, 2018

I hate Woody Allen, but there are things to be learned

9 things I learned from Woody Allen

Now, I haven't seen that many Woody Allen movies.
I have seen Annie Hall. Hate it.
I have seen Zelig, but I was really young, so I don't remember much of it. I think I thought it was fascinating and weird.
Hannah and Her Sisters. Hate it.
Radio Days. I liked that one.
Everyone Says I Love You. Blah.
Vicky Cristina Barcelona. Hate it.
I mean, it's not many, but I expect his movies to be the same old same old.
Oh, I have seen Manhattan Murder Mystery, too, and I don't hate it.
Nevertheless, as three of the movies I absolutely hate are on his "best movies" lists everywhere, I have no reason to assume I will miss anything worthwhile if I never see another Woody Allen movie.

So when he left his wife for her daughter, a girl he first met as a 9 years old, in the role as her dad, and Dylan Farrow's story emerged... that was just more reason to not watch his movies.
Yes, I am seriously worried about their two adopted kids.

Nevertheless, there are things to be learned.

P.S. Cinecast: Woody and Woody talks about Woody Allen's movies, and they say one thing that makes sense. "Woody Allen's movies register as short stories" (or something like that). Yes. They do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment